torsdag 5 februari 2009

Is it not okay that your boss controls and tries to make the staff more efficient and focused on their work? Shall they not do their work? Would not anyone, if they had an own company, be interested in what his/her staff did during work? In the article they mentioned that “what you do at work is your boss´s business”. I would like to say that this is correct. Some may think; but what about the employee’s integrity? I think that as long as the employees not have own incentives and goals with their work, it´s a risk for diminishing efficiency. Therefore the boss should have the opportunity to restrict and make the staff more efficient. But this shall not make the atmosphere at job less stimulating and fun. It is important with an open dialog so now dissatisfaction occurs.

My conclusion is that it is okay with restrictions at the work. But it is not okay controlling the staff outside the work, at leisure etc.

4 kommentarer:

  1. Okay Håkan I like you Thatcheristic hardness even if don’t know if I would like to work at your company :-). But your discussion about diminishing efficiency is interesting, especially for people that study the same economic alignment as you and me. I think that you maybe say the most important in the end of your comment “It is important with an open dialog so now dissatisfaction occurs”.
    /Lars

    SvaraRadera
  2. I really like your thoughts on controlling your employees. But what if you would use a whip and whip them 'til they scream, and if they don't respond to your whipping you could use a nice piece of rope and choke them.

    Give this a good thinking and you might just decide to implement this into your everyday life.

    Hope to see you soon.
    Choke on!

    SvaraRadera
  3. I think you are absolutely wrong in what you writing, why should not employees be able to take a quickbreak ? Anyone who has worked at some time have made it and everyone knows about it and I do not think it can be avoided. You are wrong and if you have done some working, you have certainly taken a lot of quickbreaks.

    SvaraRadera
  4. I agree. you must as a manager have the right to controll your staff to a certain point. by that I don´t mean it´s ok to controll them when they are not at work, but to restricte the amount of websites and I think is all right.

    SvaraRadera